I didn't expect orange, ginger, peach, and cinnamon to taste good together, but they're great!
- 3 TBS orange juice concentrate
- a dash of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 frozen peaches
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- It called for 3/4 cup orange juice, which is 3 oranges (peeled & juiced) or 3 tablespoons of concentrate plus 9 tablespoons of water. I choose to leave out the water for a thicker smoothie.
- I was sketchy about how the ginger would taste so I didn't use the 1-inch chunk that it called for!
- It called for milk of choice: I wanted the thick, smooth, fattiness of coconut.
- It really, truly calls for 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon! It's not overpowering like I thought it would be, and it's so healthy! Check out these benefits!
- I left out the 6 ice cubes it called for.
Now for the bad....
I changed the Feel Better Berry Smoothie a little too much.
First I wanted to try using coconut milk instead of almond milk, then I wanted to try out my little theory of using coconut butter to make coconut milk (see that theory at the bottom of this page). I left out the coconut oil (because who needs that when you have coconut butter?!), I didn't need or want the sweetness of the honey, and I used less lemon juice. You won't want to try this, but here it is:
- ~ 1/3 c. coconut butter + 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. frozen raspberries
- 1/2 c. frozen blackberries
- 1 handful frozen spinach
- 1 ice cube sized amount of lemon juice