Not bad, not the best thing in the world, but they're worth trying sometime.
PS: I left out the Splenda or sugar
Fried Rice with Cilantro with Stir Fried Vegetables made a nice Asian combo the other week. I like to give credit where credit is due, but I can't find the source of the vegetable recipe - it is from three years ago.
Fried Rice with Cilantro - (adapted from Allrecipes)
- ~4 tbs olive oil
- ~5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green pepper
- 4 cups chicken; simmered, shredded, and chilled
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- dried cilantro
- Heat the oil in large skillet, over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic until golden, then add the green pepper and chicken meat, and stir-fry until warmed through.
- Add the rice and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently. When the mixture is well blended, stir in the green onions, basil, and cilantro. Cook for 1 more minute, then serve hot.
Stir Fried Vegetables
- 2 summer squash (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- dried chives
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, green beans, carrots, and broccoli in oil until crisp tender, about 10 minutes. Combine soy sauce and ginger; add to pan with chives. Combine cornstarch, broth, and water until smooth; gradually stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cool and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.